Ndeiya Ridge Explore
June 12 @ 6:30 am - 4:30 pmKES1200
Ndeiya Ridge Explore ( New Trail ). This is a new trail on the west of Limuru town along the old Naivasha road as you head to Mai Mahiu town. It’s one of the best hiking trails in Kenya or the best hiking place in Nairobi. The trail is just 9 Kilometres and the second Pre-Hike to Mount Kenya Fitness Training Program. This trail straddles the border of Maasai & Kikuyu communities. It’s a great & famous rock climbing spot. Ndeiya region is considered a center of national or historical interest because of the mass graves that have continued to attract tourists and researchers interested in Kenyan History.
The mass graves are a result of victims of the torturous actions of the British officers during the Mau Mau resistance movement which was fighting for Kenya’s independence and land rights for Africans. Ndeiya region is about 54.8 kilometers (33 miles) as it stretches from the lower Ngong hills area; Kibiku to the Mutarakwa Mai along Mahiu road where the trail starts. Some of the other hiking trails in the Ndeiya region include Ruthigiti and Nachu trails.
From the summit, this trail offers 360 degrees to one of the best places to visit in Nairobi such a Mount Longonot, Mt Suswa, Thigio hike, Ngong Hills, Rift Valley escarpment, and many more. Join us, let’s explore Kenya’s landscape together
Trekking time on Ndeiya explore is about 2-4 Hours.
- Date: Saturday 12th June 2021
- The higher Altitude Level for this trek is 2,360 meters above ea level
- Location: Ndeiya, Limuru, Kiambu County
- The Cost per person is Kshs 1200
- Difficulty Level: Low, 9km
- The goal of this trek is to introduce the team members to average moderate
Itinerary of the Ndeiya Trek
Meeting Time 6:30 am
Departure time: Exactly 7:00 Am Latecomers will be left as always
Arrival time: 8:00 am
Start Time & Hike Brief: 8:15 Am
Estimated completion Time 2:00 Pm
Cost PP KSHS 1200
Inclusions of Ndeiya Trek
- Transport to and fro
- Park Entry fee
- Guide fee
- Paramedic Services
- Anything not mentioned on the inclusions
- Please book your space by sending a non-refundable booking fee of KES 600.
- This is through Mpesa Till No 812178 by 8th June 2021, so we can confirm the slot for you, after that forward payment text to 0729 257 317
- Clear the balance before the travel day so as get a copy of the receipt, but importantly to allow us to run the logistics smoothly
Follow us on Instagram