Despite being marked as an extreme sport, mountain climbing can be a highly rewarding and fun experience, especially when done right. Nothing however can prepare you fully for the terrain experience, the (sometimes) unpredictable weather, stretches of wilderness, dangers lurking from the (none) existing human interaction, and creature comforts. Get Quality Outdoor wear and equipment for your next outdoor activity. Hiking wear, cycling, climbing equipment we have available for men, Kids, and women https://nairobi-mountain-hiking.business.site/
Here at Wild Springs Adventures, we spend so much time on these two famed mountains, MOUNT KENYA & MOUNT KILIMANJARO please consider reading the following tips we have researched and tested on your behalf to guide you, as you prepare for the Climb
- TRAINING AND WHOLESOME PREPPING
Altitude is one of the factors we consider most while doing the climb and that’s the reason our programs in options of 3, 4, 5, or 6Days to ensure we do not overwork our clients during the climb Whether taking up Everest or scaling up Mt. Kilimanjaro-the roof of Africa or Mount Kenya you will require steady training before the climb days. Part of the physical and endurance training will involve taking up smaller challenges including rock climbing, hill and escarpments, terrain training, running, cycling, and even the usual jogging to strengthen your muscle set.
Read more on how to successfully How to Prepare To Successfully Complete A High Altitude Hike
- MENTAL PREPAREDNESS/MENTAL WELL BEING
Positive thinking goes hand in hand with physical fitness; your mind must believe that you can. Keep your mind open to new challenges and scenarios that may call for slight deviation from laid-out routes.
Our well-trained guides are always with you every step of the climb to ensure you complete safely
- DRINK ADEQUATE WATER
Dehydration can be fatal at high altitudes, thus, you’ll need to keep your water bottle close by even when you are not sweating as you will still lose measures of fluid through breathing, urination, and body perspiration.
Take sufficient water ahead of the climb days 2-4 liters of water a day.
- GET THE CLOTHING RIGHT
Before you depart for the climb confirm with the gear list we serviced you with to ensure you have all the items. If you lack any and need help to get any mountain gear Call or email us
+254 721 957 652
+254 729 257 317
Ensure that all of your Toenailse are kept short before any climb; this will ease your movements
SOME OF THE MOUNTAIN EQUIPMENT AND GEAR CHECKLIST
- Navigation: map, compass, altimeter, GPS device, personal locator beacon (PLB)
- Headlamp/Torch: plus extra batteries
- Sun protection: sunglasses, sun-protective clothes, and sunscreen
- First aid: including foot care and insect repellent (as needed)
- Knife: Pocket Knife/Pocket Multi-Tool
- Fire: matches, lighter
- Extra food: snacks and carbohydrates to give energy to your body
- Extra clothes: Beyond the minimum expectation
- Clothing : Balaclava, Baseball cap, Bandanas, Thermal top, T-shirts, Fleece jacket, Raincoat, Poncho, Gloves (both woolen and waterproof), Trousers (quick dry and light), Thermal bottoms, Rain trousers, Thick socks (synthetic or wool- 4 to 5 pairs), Hiking boots (waterproof, strong, light- big enough to allow multiple layers of socks), Sandals or slippers (after the hike and for allowing your feet to relax), Sleeping bag, Water bottle (2 liters preferably), Porter’s bag (having all your gear and carried for you by the porter), Day pack (the climber’s bag having all requirements the climber needs), Toiletries (include wet wipes since bathing is difficult due to low temperatures), Towel, Hiking pole/ walking stick
- ADEQUATE TRAVEL AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
Travel insurance cannot be downplayed, not especially for such activities as mountain climbing (Technical Climbing) which is classified by some insurers as “extreme sports”. When shopping for this particular service, check out aspects such as the group (s) covered under different altitudes, cover for solo and group climbers, search and rescue as well as the amounts of investment or premium and its mode of payment. Be careful to read and understand the underwriter’s T&Cs as they may contain clauses that could possibly invalidate your cover in relation to proper use of equipment, right climbing gear, personal exposure, and vigilance.
Medical insurance is not covered by us on this trip, kindly make arrangements to get one with your service provider.
- ELEPHANT HILL
- NGONG HILLS
- KIJABE HILL
- GATAMAIYU FOREST
- KEREITA FOREST
- KIHURI FOREST HIKE
- MOUNT KINANGOP HIKE
- MOUNT KIPIPIRI
- RAGIA FALLS 10. TABLE MOUNTAIN AND MANY OTHERS
Click on these link to see the scheduled Prehikes